Saturday, September 8, 2007

Pop Art Fabric Art

Way back in Lent, I decided to spend a few minutes each day doing art. I imagined that I'd spend the whole season working with people and faces. I made some fun little stick puppets of our family and friends, but then did other things most of the time. Near the end of Lent, I came across this site about how to turn family pictures into pop art. I was intrigued!

I knew virtually nothing about our Photoshop, but we took some photos and my husband taught me the basics. I had TONS of fun altering each mug shot to be a paper pop art piece.

I then cut the paper pictures into component pieces and used them as templates for fabric, and created this:


It was definitely only "play" and a study, but it was fun and I learned alot (like when using cheap Walmart fabric things show through--see hubby's yellow shirt)


I especially like adding the hand-sewn details of my highlights


And our baby's fuzzy head:



All in all, a fun learning project. I commend it to you!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I love "hubby's shirt" -- I simply took the show through as part of the detail of the shirt! :-)

C said...

That's really cool, Helen!