Monday, May 19, 2008

My Studio: True Confessions

This is my studio:


I was so hoping that for Cloth, Paper, Scissor's new Studio special issue, they would have a contest for a reader's studio makeover. But (sigh) instead, the editor got a studio makeover.

So I'm stuck with working on this studio myself. The magazine gave me lots of ideas, but it's the money and the time that I don't have.



And they didn't have any good suggestions for keeping kids out. That's one of my main problems. Both boys like to come into the area and pull things out. Luke actually empties the trash onto the floor every time he's there.
As you can see, I also try to put anything important above child-height, which creates big piles on my higher surfaces.

UG.

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Life is just more complicated when you have little kids. Won't last long -- good luck in the meantime! Your photos reminded me of what Calico Cat calls her sewing space -- the Stewdio.

Donna said...

my mother had a special box of supplies that were just for me when she sewed -- and not only just for me, but only during her sewing time... at the time it seemed a real treat. I htink now she was just keeping me from her stuff :-)

C said...

I applaud you for finding a way to keep crafting with two young boys underfoot. Sometimes you just have to embrace life like it is.

It reminds me of my desk in our kitchen. No one is allowed to touch it, partly because it's mine, and partly because I'm afraid something will fall off a pile!