Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Goodies!

Being brand new to Art Quilting and to making time for art in general, my stash of goodies is way too small. However, a few weeks ago my friend Penny took me to a nearby town where there is a fabric store going out of business and everything is 75% off. WOW. Their selection was limited, but I was entranced by their button selection. I came away with 273 buttons.


I put them in little jars: Sparkly Ones, Animal Ones, Vehicle Ones, Hearts, Flowers, Big Ones.


Slowly, I'll create a delightful little stash...

4 comments:

Donna said...

I love sorting through my button collection! Its lots of fun to pick up a collection at a garage sale or flea market and then sort.... :-)

Helen said...

just looking at those jars of buttons is inspiring. can't wait to see what you come up with!

i keep mine in a goldfish bowl and just 'go fish' when i need a button. :)

momma helen said...

A goldfish bowl is a great idea!
I've got a set of 3 sizes of square glass vases from IKEA I've been looking for a use for. Buttons!

And...I went back today and bought 1,000 more. Oh My! ;)

C said...

I have such great memories of playing with my grandma's and mother's button collections! They are so much fun. :)