Monday, December 31, 2007

Belated Thanksgiving Pics

Our family joined Charlie's godparent's family for thanksgiving this year. We rented a condo on South Padre Island, and the owner was clearly an artist. There were wonderful original pieces of art all over the house including:

This one, which was in the entry-area bathroom. I looked at it for a whole day before someone mentioned to me that it's a picture of a nude beach. The photo is just blurry enough for a Family Blog like this one. There's a stuffed boypart I think on the person with the red towel that you can't see here that just made me laugh. I'm a real fan of nude art in bathrooms--it just seems like a natural fit to me.


And in our friend's bedroom was this magificent pillow:


Here's a detail of the side view of the pillow:


What a surprising delight to be surrounded by original art on our vacation. We couldn't have planned it better.

(aside: It's GREAT to be back to blogging. My computer and I aren't friends yet, but we're learning how to work together.)

1 comment:

C said...

I really like the quilts hanging on the stair rail! I'm going to think about how I might work that in at my house!