Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Making Fabric Paper

Our February SpirARTuality task was making Paper Fabric (or is it Fabric Paper? I don't really know) with MistyFuse.

1) Lay Parchment Paper on your work surface.
On top of that, I put down a layer of scrap fabric as my base, then a layer of MistyFuse, then this tissue paper, and ironed:


2) Next, another layer of MistyFuse. Sprinkle on more stuff,
Protect your iron by covering with parchment before ironing:


3) Repeat step 2 another 2-4 times.

4) When your collage is done, top with a layer of MistyFuse and a single layer of netting, tulle, etc:

See next post for final product.

My friend Jo loves MistyFuse. I didn't care for it all that much. It drapes really well, but I like my fuser to be stiffer so it's not always making wrinkles or scooching out of place. I'd use MistyFuse again, but wouldn't pay more for it than WonderUnder.

3 comments:

C said...

This is really cool, Helen!

Deborah Boschert said...

I think MF is great for this kind of collagey, layered, fabric-making kind of project. But, you're right. WU is great in most circumstances (and only $1 at Walmart).

Carole said...

That's really cool. Reminds me a little bit of the technique of fusing tissue paper to wax paper.