Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Learnings II: Just wait

A week or to ago, I posted about how I had ruined a nice little piece from Melody's workshop. Here it is:



Not so bad after all. Not a $750 collecter's item. But it would make a dandy coaster (for an oblong glass...)

Ironically, the same thing happened with my dog this last week. On the afternoon of the 4th of July, Roxanne began shaking as if she were incredibly afraid, wasn't able to control her limbs well, was jumping over imaginary things, listing to one side, and couldn't make eye contact.

I took her to the emergency vet and he thought poisoning, but gave her about 6 shots to cover many different things. Said she should probably be fine in 24 hours. She was better the next day, but all weekend she still would walk away from being petted, ignored food dropped from the table, did't wag her tail AT ALL for 4 days, and left a spot of pee every time she got up from laying down.

I made an appointment with our vet on Monday, fearing that there was no hope and I would have to find out more about euthaniasia and would have some really hard decisions to make in the near future. But when I got home to take her to the vet, she wagged at me and came over for a petting. I got her leash, and she about pulled me out of the door. She gobbled up cheerios from the car seat. My dog was back!
The vet said it was probably a Doggie Stroke, which textbooks say don't happen but he sees a couple of times per month. And she should make a full recovery.

Waiting is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All you have to do is tell a dog that her days are numbered and she will pop right back!!!!