Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Triangles (Not)

A few nights ago, both boys were asleep and my husband and I had a few free moments. He had the Tour de France on in the background, and I thought that I could do a few quick studies just to get my juices flowing.

I pulled out my fabric scraps and was draw to these three triangles:



I thought it'll be a nice exercise to come up with a quickie quilt using them. Here is what I came up with:


OK. Now I've got that out of my system, I'll Use Those Triangles. I was composing and talking to my husband about the Tour and watching snippets and came up with this:



I like it! Maybe it will be the first in a Tour series.
Now that I've got the basic fabric placed, where should I go from here? Do I need to add more elements? (I sort of like the simplicity...) Ideas on quilting? beading? or just let it be simple?
hmmm...

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

I like it too! (But where are the triangles?!) I might consider adding another strip along the top or the bottom to make a bit less symmetrical. Or not. Great job!

Helen said...

wonky road signs? wonky cars?

embellish it by sewing a hot wheels car right onto it.

maybe add a 3-d tunnel in the middle with deer crossing on top (like the ones near banff)