Wednesday, March 5, 2008

As the Deer longs for the water-brooks

I'm excited about a little triptych I've finished recently. It's one longer piece and 2 smaller pieces. All hand-painted fabric. The background is silk and the squares are cotton. The sticks are from my back yard, and although it doesn't show up in this picture, there is some light blue stitching meandering across the larger piece that is to envoke the idea of a stream.


The triptych is named for Psalm 42, verse 1 "As the deer longs for the water-brook, so longs my heart for you." There's a wonderful hymn setting of this song that I was humming to myself as I made these. The large one is called "As the deer longs for the water-brooks" and one small one is "so longs" and the other small one is "my heart for you."


I'm really pleased with the way these turned out. They're rough around the edges in a very organic way. MMM!

No comments: