Sunday, January 6, 2008

Another Adoption Wallhanging

Friends of ours adopted 2 children this year. Both had been living with their family for a few years as foster children. J was 18 when they adopted him in March, and H was 6 (or 7?) when she was adopted on National Adoption Day in November.

When J was adopted, I really wanted to give the family a present. But anything I thought about that celebrated J's permanent status I was afraid would heighten H's not-yet-permanent status. So I waited.

When we got the news about H, I created this:


I was so delighted to be able to use one of the "Road" series that I made during the Tour de France last summer. I have 5-6 of them ready, but I've not been inspired to finish the others yet.
Then I added a house, which seems to be a running theme for me. And 2 big hearts for the parents, and 1 little heart past the house for R who died at birth and then 4 small hearts on the road to the house to represent all the children in their family.

I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. When I make my first $1,000 in fiber art, I will invest in a good camera that can really capture the true colors and details of a piece. ;) Until then, I'm stuck with the trusty camera I found that seems to have a problem with it's shutter timing.

Many Blessings and Cheers, B family!

No comments: