Monday, January 21, 2008

Quilt Pixie Swap

A few weeks ago, QuiltPixie and I did a swap. I sent her everything but cotton fabric, and she sent me nothing but cotton fabric. We expanded one another's stash nicely, I think.
As I pulled out and ironed each fabric she sent, I realized I haven't worked with real prints yet--and she sent me many to play with.
At first, I tried to organize into my current color spectrum of fabrics, but then I decided there were too many fun groupings. These fun groups were just begging to be shown off. So here are a few I'm playing with:

Rounds and Reptiles:


Baby, it's Hot Outside (even when it's only 5 degrees!!):



The colors didn't come through very well for this set. They have really vibrant pinks and oranges along with the blacks:


And my, oh my! LOOK at that divine Muscle Fiber fabric on the left!!!! Clearly, this fabric designer *must* be designing from anatomy books. WHERE can I see the whole collection? Brain prints...intestine batiks...mitosis...the possibilities are endless, and exciting!

All the fabrics in this photo have some shimmery gold to them. They will be delightful surprises in future quilts:


Thank you, QP. I can't wait to get my boys to sleep and have some time to play with these!

1 comment:

Donna said...

glad you're enjoying the playing... It was fun to pull out the collection and share it :-)